Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Our story continued....part III

Paperwork ?

I said what paperwork are you talking about, and she said your adoption paperwork.  I said we don't have any adoption paperwork - Sonya was shocked, and she quickly told me that we needed to get busy, and had to do our dossier ASAP.  It was February 26th, and she told me she had to have the paperwork by April 1 when Sonya was returning to Russia.  She basically told me that she thought it couldn't done.

Well I made lots of phone calls - paid fees to expedite things, and ultimately got a dossier done in less than 6 weeks - including our immigration paperwork - at that time it was taking as long as 6 months to get approval from INS - Sonya took our dossier to Russia with her.

When Sonya went back to Russia in April she told me that I would be traveling to pick up or boys at the end of April, but April came and went, and finally in May I received a phone call from Sonya's secretary, and she said Sonya wants you to go to Russia.  So I made my travel plans, got $5000 out of the bank in $20 bills, and headed to Moscow.  NEVER PUT MONEY IN YOUR SHOES -YOUR FEET SWEET, AND THE INK RUNS - WHAT A MESS!

I had money in places that I don't want to think about...

Well it was quite a trip - the tickets cost $1,823.00 and it was over 8 hours -

more to come....

No comments:

Post a Comment